Target Group: Year heads in schools, and those aspiring to the position of year head.
The course will:
• Support teachers in defining and establishing their role as year head
• Provide a range of template administration/support files
• Support teachers in developing a strong year head and class tutor team
• Explore strategies to help teachers manage time effectively
• Offer a range of strategies to help teachers support positive behaviour in their year groups
• Enable teachers to support pastoral care within the year group, including dealing with difficult students.
• Help teachers develop effective skills and skills for conflict management.
Dates: 2nd & 9th March & 6th April 2016
Venue: Carrick-on-Shannon Education Centre
Time: 7.00pm – 9.30pm
Tutor: Harry Freeman