1. New Users register on this website first in order to book your place on our courses.
* When registering please use your personal email rather the school email.
* check your email to activate your account then come back to the website to login and book.
2. Already registered? Please login and book
Please note parking is very limited at the centre - read more information
Nurture Groups and Nurturing Schools
Carrick-on-Shannon Education Centre
Monday 9th September 2019
This Information Session on Nurture Group Theory and Practice and Nurturing Schools is an introduction for school personnel on the theory behind Nurture Groups and how to engage in the practice of running a Nurture Group and being a Nurturing School.
During this session, the following will be addressed:
people, set targets and put in place practical strategies to address the challenges children have
• Linking to the curriculum
• Developing a whole-school nurturing approach - Nurturing Schools
• Monitoring and evaluation through a structured, evidence-based, planned approach
This Information Session will be of interest to those who wish to set up and run a nurture group or introduce nurture theory and practice across their whole school. It is also suitable for schools who want to adopt a more nurturing approach while working with children who have any, or all, of the following: social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties, low self-confidence, low self-esteem, low resilience, attachment issues, self-regulation difficulties and/or self-expression difficulties.
Following the Information Session, participants will have the opportunity to enrol in a full 'Nurture Group Theory and Practice Course', in Carrick-on-Shannon Education Centre, with an option for accreditation as a Nurture Group Practitioner (on submission of an assignment). We will also be offering a complete Nurturing Schools Programme for those wishing to look at nurture and wellbeing across their whole school.
|Course Date||09-09-2019 5:00 pm|
|Course End Date||09-09-2019 7:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||14-08-2019|
|Cut off date||08-09-2019|
|Location||Carrick-on-Shannon Education Centre|
Co. Leitrim, Rep. of Ireland