Developing and Working as a Teacher Educator’ 2 Part Series - 23LCAU17 (Facilitator Dr. Ciara O’ Donnell)
This is a two week programme designed for those interested in developing and working as teacher educators in the area of Continuing Professional Development. Practical and research-based guidance will root the work of the teacher educator in the principles of adult learning and more specifically in the professional learning needs of teachers and how they learn best.
Participants will be able to
- recognise and use the key skills of the teacher educator while distinguishing them from those of the class teacher.
- include the characteristics of quality CPD provision in their design and facilitation of courses.
- apply key strategies and create optimal environments to enable teacher learning.
- apply pedagogies for teacher learning with practical examples of activities.
- know the hallmarks of effective presentation and facilitation towards applying these in their work.
Brief Outline of Course:
- Exploring the transition from teacher to teacher educator and related skills.
- Principles of adult learning
- Second Order Practice
- Components of effective CPD design and developing a framework for courses
- Distinguishing between Presentation and Facilitation
- Impactful presenting
- Key skills of the facilitator
- Listening skills
- Questioning skills
- Managing group dynamics and conflict
- Building trust and relationships
|Course Date||19-09-2023 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||26-09-2023 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||18-09-2023 11:55 pm|
|Facilitator||Dr. Ciara O’ Donnell|
|Location||IN PERSON WORKSHOP AT CARRICK ON SHANNON EDUCATION CENTRE|